This version in effect since 11th May 2017
Protecting your privacy is important to Snazal ®. This Policy explains how Snazal ® collects, uses, and discloses the personal information you may provide while using Snazal ® web sites, including pcsbooks.com, pcsbooks.co.uk (each, a "Web site" and collectively, the "Web sites") and the services provided through any of the Web sites. It is always your choice whether or not to provide personal information through the Web sites. Any personal information you provide will be treated with care, and subject to this Policy will not be used or disclosed in ways to which you have not consented.
1. By using a Web site or submitting information to Snazal ® through or in connection with a Web site, you signify your consent to Snazal ®’ collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, you may not use any of the Web sites or submit information to Snazal ® through or in connection with a Web site.
Information Automatically Collected
2. Non-Personal Information - As is typical with many other internet web sites, the Web sites automatically collect certain non-personal information regarding Web site users, such as the date and time you access the Web site, the Internet address of the web site from which you linked to the Web site, the operating system you are using, the Web site pages read and images viewed, and any content you post to or download from the Web site. This non-personal information is used for Web site and system administration purposes and to improve the Web sites. Non-personal information may be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use.
3. Cookies - The Web sites use "cookies", a technology that stores a small amount of information on a Web site user’s computer to permit the Web site to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Web sites. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the Web site (so you do not have to enter your personal information every time), offer personalized Web page content and information for your use and otherwise facilitate your Web site experience. Snazal ® may engage third parties to provide cookies that collect information regarding Web site use (more information about such cookies, including available opt out options, may be found by clicking here). You may choose to decline cookies generally if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of the Web sites and your ability to access certain features of the Web sites.
Personal Information You Specifically Provide
4. Your Personal Information - During your use of the Web sites, including your registration as an Snazal ® customer, you may be asked to voluntarily provide personal information (such as your personal name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, and credit card information) for purposes such as facilitating communications with you or facilitating your use of the Web sites, including purchasing books from booksellers. If you choose not to provide certain requested personal information, you will not be able to register as a Snazal ® customer or use certain features of the Web sites.
5. Use of Your Personal Information - Snazal ® may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, respond to your communications, provide services to you, facilitate and enhance your use of the Web sites, facilitate transactions through the Web sites, and as otherwise permitted by law. Snazal ® may develop a confidential profile for you, which will be used to provide services to you and facilitate your use of the Web sites. Additionally, Snazal ® may keep a record of all communications with you.
6. E-mails from Snazal ® - If you register as a Snazal ® customer, then Snazal ® may send to you, from time to time, e-mail or other communications containing information about Snazal ® and the Web sites and other matters Snazal ® believes will interest you. At any time you may ask Snazal ® to stop sending you e-mail and other information by sending your request by post to our address on the contact us page. Also, each e-mail Snazal ® sends to you will tell you how to decline further unsolicited e-mail. From time to time Snazal ® may also send to you e-mail containing important information regarding the Web site, which you may not opt out of receiving.
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Information - Snazal ® may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances and as otherwise permitted by applicable law:
- Disclosure to Authorizing Persons - If you use the Web sites on behalf of another person or organization (such as your employer), Snazal ® may provide your personal information to that authorizing person/organization. Snazal ® has no control over the use of your personal information by the authorizing person/organization, and that use is not subject to this Policy. If you do not wish your personal information to be disclosed to the person/organization on whose behalf you use the Web sites, you may not use the Web sites.
- Disclosure to Affiliates, Booksellers, Suppliers and Service Providers - Snazal ® may provide your personal information to its affiliated businesses, such as Snazal ®, to booksellers from whom you order books through the Web sites, or other suppliers and service providers for use in connection with the operation of the Web sites. For example, Snazal ® discloses certain of your personal information to the bookseller from whom you order books, your credit card provider and the shipping company in order to facilitate the purchase of books through the Web sites. Snazal ® may also disclose certain of your personal information to service providers that analyze Web site use. Snazal ® requires its affiliated businesses, booksellers, suppliers and service providers to agree to use your personal information only for the purposes for which it is provided to them, and to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. If you do not wish your personal information to be disclosed to Snazal ® affiliated businesses, booksellers, suppliers and service providers, you may not register as a Snazal ® customer or order books through the Web sites.
- Disclosure in Business Transfers - Snazal ® may be involved in the sale or transfer of some or all of its business. As part of that sale or transfer, Snazal ® may disclose your personal information to the acquiring organization, but will require the acquiring organization to agree to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. Snazal ® has no liability for the acquiring organization’s use and disclosure of your personal information. If at any time you do not wish Snazal ® to disclose your personal information as part of the sale or transfer of some or all of its business, please send your request by post to our postal address on the contact us page.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure - Snazal ® may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where Snazal ® has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to its legal counsel. Snazal ® has no control over, or liability for, those persons’ use and disclosure of your personal information, and that use and disclosure is not subject to this Policy.
8. Depersonalized Information - Snazal ® may use personal information to create non-personal information regarding the use of the Web sites and related services. Snazal ® may then disclose that non-personal information to other persons and permanently archive that non-personal information for future use.
9. Business Contact Information - To the extent permitted by law, the provisions of this Policy concerning "personal information" do not apply to information (such as your personal name, position or title, business address, business telephone number, business fax number and business e-mail address) which enable you to be contacted at a place of business.
10. Location of Information - Snazal ® will store and process your personal information in Leicester, United Kingdom.
11. Securing Your Information - To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, Snazal ® employs reasonable security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Nevertheless, security risks cannot be eliminated and Snazal ® cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be used or disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy.
12. Accessing Your Personal Information - You may request access to your personal information and information about Snazal ® collection, use and disclosure of that information by sending your request by post to our address on the contact us page. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information within a reasonable time, and will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate. Snazal ® attempts to keep its records as accurate and complete as possible. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your personal information.
13. Other Web Sites - The Web sites may contain links to other web sites or Internet resources. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another web site. Snazal ® has no responsibility or liability for or control over those other web sites or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
14. Customer Agreement - The Snazal ® Customer Agreement contains important provisions, including provisions disclaiming, limiting or excluding Snazal ® liability for your use of the Web sites and provisions determining the applicable law and exclusive jurisdiction for the resolution of any disputes regarding the Web sites. Each of those provisions applies to any disputes that may arise in relation to this Policy or Snazal ® collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, and are of the same force and effect as if they had been reproduced directly in this Policy.
15. Former Users - If you stop using the Web sites or your permission to use the Web sites is terminated, Snazal ® may continue to use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy as amended from time to time. However, if you want Snazal ® to stop sending you unsolicited e-mail and other information, please contact us.
16. Policy Changes - To accommodate changes in the Web sites, changing technology, and legal developments, this Policy may be changed from time to time in Snazal ® discretion and without any prior notice or liability to you or any other person. New versions of this Policy will be posted here. Snazal ® collection, use and disclosure of your personal information will be governed by the version of this Policy in effect at that time. Your continued dealings with Snazal ® or your use of the Web sites subsequent to any changes to this Policy will signify your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the changed Policy. Accordingly, when you use the Web sites you should check the date of this Policy and review any changes since the last version. You should also bookmark this page and periodically review this Policy to ensure that you are familiar with the most current version.